binaire optie is gokken April, 2013
go site Case – 60 year old woman
go to site Presenting complaint: Lower back pain radiating toward left hip, down outside thigh toward knee.
source url Presently - on waiting list for hip surgery, left side. Recently diagnosed - left hip had been fractured in car accident – missed in diagnosis, 2 years ago.
guys dating Aetiology: 2 years ago, back injury
Cause & Onset: Car accident
Location: Pain radiates from lower back toward left hip, down outside of left thigh toward knee
Duration: 2 years
Treatment: not wish to take allopathic pain medications, highly chemically sensitive after application of Cortisone cream to hands, face, feet 7 years ago. After car accident used Arnica 30C. Osteopathy.
Observation: walking with a cane, leaning to the left, great effort to walk, stand upright and find a comfortable sitting position
Sensations: dull ache, pain radiates across back, toward left hip down outside of thigh
- pain sometimes sharp, catching breath
- muscle soreness, all across back toward left hip
Modalities: Worse from standing more than 10 minutes
- worse from sitting in one position
- better shifting position sitting, standing, lying down
- There are other complaints – However low back pain radiation - top of patient’s list, as it inhibits movement, life and comfort
- 7 years ago - Allergic skin reaction to cortisone cream applied to hands, face and feet by dermatologist for allergic dermatitis. Afterward continued frequent acute skin flare-ups.
As a whole patient has a very sensitive nature.
Remedy: Bellis pernnis 200C was considered – however due to patient’s stories of sensitivity, reactions to various herbals, homoeopathic remedies, natural vitamins, supplements, etc.
April, 2013 - Bellis per 30C – 1 dry poppy seed
At first appointment patient was in tears of frustration, not anyone could help ease the pains or understand how sensitive had become to chemical drugs after a dermatologist’s cortisone skin application.
June, 2013 – Second appointment - patient in the office appeared to have a better idea of what is necessary in setting up appointments, etc. for preparation for hip surgery
Observed - appeared to be about 20 % walking a little better, not as bent over to the left.
- Repeated Bellis per 30C – 1 dry poppy seed
– Observed walking from car appeared to be 50% better – still cautious when turning, or from sitting to standing because of left hip.
Patient related - hip surgery put off until January, 2014 – therefore will travel to visit children over Christmas holiday.
Patient related – in November, Osteopath – on examination said: ‘things are getting better”, back is improving, straighter than before.
Patient’s face, overall appearance calmer, however pain in hip area worse when quickly shifting positions sitting, walking, lying.
November, 2013 - repeated Bellis per 30C, 1 poppy seed dry
Next appointment on return from holiday, hearing when hip surgery scheduled, preparation for surgery